Monday, January 17, 2011

In a nutshell... running, donkey, mini cheesecake.

**Warning: there is no rhyme or reason to this post. It is quite rambling and possible that I even repeated some thoughts along the way. Buckle in if you continue on. I am so random today...

Well scale is still disappointing me but not winning. After I did a lot of exercise yesterday and pretty dang good with my eating I am only back down 1 lb. but hey, not gonna complain when it is actually going in the right direction again... so let me give you a little summary of yesterday.
  • started off my day with a 1 mile walk (12 minutes) to the neighbors house, then we went for a 1 mile run and I walked another 1/2 mile while he went out and back to get his second mile of running in. Then we walked another mile for a cool down. So in total I walked 2 and a half miles and ran 1 mile. Man it felt good to be running again, and I always say that after a long break (I haven't been running since July or August). Maybe I should just stop taking long breaks from running?
  • came home and did some cleaning, went to our road association meeting (boring).
  • after the meeting I ran down to our local quickie mart called the "Lake Goodwin Store" to get some fuel in my truck and a sugar free redbull (love em). While there I noticed the store is now selling Chuckanut Bay Cheese Cake... O. M. G. !! nummmm. Yes I purchased one. They are small, just a little larger than the top of a pepsi can (my hubby's pepsi by the way, I'm not drinking it).
  • when I got home I decided to clean and vaccum my truck... I had just done my car on Saturday so I decided to takle the truck while i was still in car cleaning mode. It looks good. Nice and clean again.
  • put the mini cheese cake in the fridge, when hubby got home gave him a taste and then I ate 3 bites and put it away. nuuuummmmmm. The run motivated me not to eat the whole thing.
  • my neighbor's daugher came over, K. She is freaking awesome, really the best kid ever! I love having her over. We made cupcakes. I sent a bunch home with her, but kept some for the hubby. I am trying to stay away from them.
  • had reasonable dinner, chicken, green beans, and macaroni salad.
  • watched TV and relaxed for the rest of the evening
Got on the scale this morning 197. eff it. Oh, well at least it is going back down. I was at 196 up a pound each day to 198, now back down to 197. I am obsessing with the scale the same way I do about food. I used to enjoy getting on the scale and seeing losses, now I dread it because it seems like it is always temporary these days or I am up even when I think I should be down! I'm going to continue weighing in and trying not to let it get me down.
I appreciate all of the comments, it always makes me feel just a little bit special when someone takes the time to comment, especially encouragement. I'm trying to comment more too, I like to offer support and thinking about how much I love getting comments makes me realize that others must feel that too (in thier own way somehow).
mmm. well I guess that is it for now, gonna leave you with a couple of pictures. I had a request for a picture of my mini donkey and I also took a picture of my mini cheesecake... I still have lots left to nibble on. I'm going to make it last.
Okay so here is the nummmmy Chuckanut Cheesecake. see how small it is- they call that 2 servings! hah! 170 calories a serving, so the little bit that I ate was probably about 80-90 calories (hubby at a bite too). This one is Key Lime flavor. mmm.my.mouth.is.watering.mmm
and for cuteness, how is this? These are my boys, Louis is the pygmy goat and Steve is the mini donkey (I always just call him Donkey tho).

Hope you all have a great loser kind of day!

loves,
Jen

8 comments:

  1. Your animals are so cute! Thanks for sharing the picture. The cheesecake looks great, I don't think that I could stop at 3 bites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I have a THING about mini animals and your donkey and your goat just about made me melt into a puddle on the floor from the overwhelming cuteness. So adorable! I want to hug them! I recently got to hug a baby goat and it was the sweetest thing ever. I am jealous and want to come visit and hug your mini animals! All you need is a mini horse and you'd be living my dream. (Oh and that cheesecake...droooooooool...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cheesecake sounds divine! I have never seen a mini donkey, cute, and it cracks me up that their names are Louis and Steve, funny! I hate the scale too if it's any consolation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for telling me the Lake Goodwin store has that cheesecake. Now I know NOT to go there, so cannot resist it. Love that little store though. And to think I was so nice I didn't reveal the name of the casino, lol. :)

    The weather has been so dreadful; glad you were able to get out for a run/walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed that you could bake cupcakes and not want to eat the entire batch. But sometimes that's how it is when we are doing something fun with someone we really like.

    Love your donkey and goat. You impressed me so much with all your picking up in the pasture yesterday. Yup, a good workout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You bought a cheese cake & had in your fridge, you were able to have a little and put the rest away!!!!

    Superstar effort; congrats :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just keep doing what you're doing. The scale is bound to cooperate eventually.

    ReplyDelete